The famous Tourist Places in Etawah , Uttar Pradesh include Safari Park Etawah, Raja Sumer Singh Fort and Victoria Park.
About Etawah , Uttar Pradesh
Etawah is a city located in the state of Uttar Pradesh in northern India. It is the administrative headquarters of the Etawah district. Here is some information about Etawah:
- Location: Etawah is situated on the banks of the Yamuna River in the western part of Uttar Pradesh. It lies approximately 206 kilometers (128 miles) southwest of the state capital, Lucknow, and around 343 kilometers (213 miles) northwest of the national capital, New Delhi.
- Historical Significance: Etawah has a rich historical and cultural heritage. It has been associated with various kingdoms and empires throughout history, including the Maurya Empire, the Mughal Empire, and the Maratha Empire. The city has witnessed the rise and fall of many dynasties and has several historical monuments and sites.
- Economy: The economy of Etawah is primarily agrarian, with agriculture being the main occupation of the majority of the population. The region is known for its production of wheat, pulses, oilseeds, and potatoes. Etawah is also famous for its “Etawah breed” of cattle, which is considered to be one of the best dairy breeds in India.
- Educational Institutions: Etawah is home to several educational institutions that provide education in various fields. The city has schools, colleges, and universities offering education in both English and Hindi mediums. Some notable educational institutions in Etawah include the Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, and various engineering and management colleges.
- Wildlife Conservation: Etawah is known for the Etawah Safari Park, also called Lion Safari Etawah, which is a major tourist attraction. The safari park is spread over an area of 350 hectares and is home to a wide range of wildlife, including lions, tigers, leopards, deer, and various bird species.
- Connectivity: Etawah is well-connected by road and rail networks. It lies on the National Highway 19 (NH 19) and is part of the Golden Quadrilateral project, connecting it to major cities like Delhi, Kanpur, and Agra. The city also has a railway station that is an important junction on the North Central Railway zone, providing connectivity to various parts of the country.
- Festivals: Like the rest of Uttar Pradesh, Etawah celebrates various festivals with enthusiasm. Some of the major festivals celebrated in the city include Diwali, Holi, Eid, Durga Puja, and Navratri. These festivals bring the community together and showcase the vibrant culture and traditions of the region.
Tourist Places in Etawah , Uttar Pradesh
SAFARI PARK ETAWAH
- Location and Size: Etawah Safari Park, formerly known as Lion Safari Etawah, is a proposed wildlife safari park located in Etawah, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is one of the largest drive-through safari parks in Asia, covering a vast area with a perimeter of 8 km.
- Proximity to Agra and Lucknow: The park is conveniently situated approximately a 2-hour drive away from the city of the Taj Mahal, Agra, making it easily accessible for tourists visiting this popular landmark. It is also about a 3-hour drive away from the state capital, Lucknow.
- Inspiration from Longleat Safari Park: The wildlife officials in charge of the project took inspiration from the renowned Longleat Safari Park in England. They visited Longleat to gather ideas and insights on creating an exceptional safari experience for visitors in Etawah.
- Diverse Safari Experiences: Etawah Safari Park will offer a range of safari experiences to visitors. These will include a lion safari, where visitors can observe lions in their natural habitat from the safety of their vehicles. Additionally, there will be deer, elephant, bear, and leopard safaris, allowing visitors to witness these magnificent animals up close.
- Unique Exhibits: Apart from the safari experiences, Etawah Safari Park already features some unique exhibits. It houses two Vijayanta tanks that were once used by the Indian Army. These tanks serve as interesting displays, giving visitors a glimpse into India’s military history. Additionally, there is a steam locomotive on display, adding a touch of nostalgia to the park.
- 4D Theatre Experience: Etawah Safari Park includes a 4D theatre, enhancing the overall visitor experience. This theatre offers an immersive and interactive viewing experience, providing close-ups of wildlife in action. It brings the wildlife encounters to life, allowing visitors to engage with the animals in a captivating way.
Etawah Safari Park aims to provide an exciting and educational experience for visitors by showcasing the diverse wildlife of India. With its extensive safari options, unique exhibits, and immersive theatre experience, it promises to be a major attraction in the region, drawing both local and international tourists.
RAJA SUMER SINGH-FORT
- Geographical Location: Etawah is situated on the border line of ill-defined “spheres of influence.” This means that the city’s location placed it in a strategic position where different armies and powers contested for control.
- Battleground of Contending Armies: Throughout history, Etawah remained a battleground for two contending armies that vied for control over the region. This suggests that the city witnessed frequent conflicts and military engagements due to its location and strategic importance.
- Mallu Iqbal Khan’s March (1400-1401): During the period of 1400-1401, Mallu Iqbal Khan led a military campaign in the region of Etawah. He marched towards Etawah with the intention of exerting his influence and control over the area.
- Opposition by Rai Sumer Singh or Sabir: In response to Mallu Iqbal Khan’s march, Etawah was defended by Rai Sumer Singh or Sabir, who opposed the incursion and attempted to resist the advancing forces. This indicates that the local rulers or leaders of Etawah were determined to protect their territory from external threats.
These historical events highlight the tumultuous nature of Etawah’s past, characterized by power struggles, territorial disputes, and military confrontations. The city’s location on the border between different spheres of influence made it a contested territory, with various forces vying for control over the region.
- Location: Victoria Park is situated in Etawah, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is located on the banks of Pakka Talab, a man-made lake in Etawah.
- Historical Significance: The park is named after Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, who reigned from 1837 to 1901. The name “Victoria” signifies the historical connection to the British colonial era in India.
- Park Features: Victoria Park offers a serene and green space for visitors to relax and enjoy nature. The park is adorned with lush gardens, well-manicured lawns, and beautiful flower beds, providing a pleasant environment for leisure activities.
- Lake View: The park’s location on the banks of Pakka Talab provides visitors with a picturesque view of the lake. The tranquil waters of the lake, combined with the greenery of the park, create a peaceful ambiance for visitors to enjoy.
- Walking and Jogging Tracks: Victoria Park features dedicated walking and jogging tracks, allowing visitors to engage in physical exercise amidst a natural setting. These tracks provide an opportunity for fitness enthusiasts to stay active while enjoying the park’s scenic beauty.
- Recreation and Picnic Spot: The park serves as a recreational area and a popular spot for picnics. Visitors can engage in outdoor activities such as playing sports, having a family picnic, or simply relaxing on the park’s benches and enjoying the surroundings.
- Historical Monuments: Victoria Park may also house historical monuments or structures that add to its cultural and architectural significance. These monuments could be associated with the colonial era or have local historical relevance, contributing to the park’s charm and historical ambiance.
Victoria Park in Etawah, situated on the banks of Pakka Talab, offers a refreshing escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. With its natural beauty, well-maintained gardens, and recreational facilities, it provides a peaceful retreat for visitors of all ages. Whether one wishes to take a leisurely stroll, engage in outdoor activities, or simply unwind amidst nature, Victoria Park offers a serene environment to enjoy and connect with the surroundings.
Disclosure : Source of Information about the Tourist Places in Etawah is https://etawah.nic.in/ .