The famous Tourist Places in Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh include Chandra Shekhar Azad Nagar (Bhabhra) and Katthiwada.
About Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Location: Alirajpur is located in the western part of Madhya Pradesh, close to the border with Gujarat and Rajasthan. The district is part of the Indore division.
- Capital: The district headquarters is Alirajpur town, which serves as the administrative center.
- Population: As of 2021, the population of Alirajpur district was around 7 lakh (700,000) people. The majority of the population is rural, with agriculture being the primary occupation.
- Tribal Population: Alirajpur has a significant tribal population. Bhil and Bhilala tribes are among the prominent indigenous communities in the district.
- Language: The main languages spoken in Alirajpur are Bhili, Hindi, and English.
- Economy: The economy of Alirajpur is primarily agrarian, and agriculture plays a crucial role in the livelihood of the residents. The main crops grown in the region include maize, wheat, soybean, and oilseeds.
- Tourism: Alirajpur district is known for its natural beauty and historical significance. The region has several picturesque landscapes, waterfalls, and lush green valleys. One of the prominent tourist attractions in the area is the Hatyadeli Devi Temple, which attracts devotees and tourists alike.
Tourist Places in Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh
Chandra Shekhar Azad Nagar (Bhabhra)
- Bhabhra is one of the five tehsils (administrative subdivisions) of Alirajpur district in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Bhabhra is renowned as the birthplace of the famous Indian revolutionary, Shri Chandra Shekhar Azad.
- The tehsil’s name has been changed to Chandra Shekhar Azad Nagar in honor of the revolutionary.
- The main attraction in Chandra Shekhar Azad Nagar is the hut where Chandra Shekhar Azad spent his childhood, making it a significant historical site.
- Chandra Shekhar Azad played a crucial role in India’s independence struggle after leaving his hometown.
- Chandra Shekhar Azad Nagar is situated approximately 40 kilometers away from the district headquarters.
- Katthiwada is another tehsil (administrative subdivision) within Alirajpur district, Madhya Pradesh, India.
- The tehsil is renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty, making it a popular tourist destination.
- Katthiwada experiences the highest amount of rainfall in the entire district, contributing to its lush and vibrant landscapes.
- During the rainy season, a magnificent natural waterfall forms, enhancing the area’s scenic beauty and attracting tourists.
- The region’s picturesque surroundings serve as a delightful and captivating attraction for visitors.
- Katthiwada is known for being home to the world-famous Mango species called Nurjahan, adding to its significance and uniqueness in the agricultural context.
Disclosure : Source of Information about the Tourist Places in Alirajpur is https://alirajpur.nic.in/